CAHN is delighted to be working in partnership with NHS Blood and Transplant to raise awareness of organ donation in the Caribbean and African community across Greater Manchester. Currently, there is a limited amount of tailored, targeted cultural and religious information of organ donation and transplant for the Black Community. This lack of information includes the perceived or assumed cultural and religious barriers to organ donation.
1. Raise awareness of the organ donation
2. Recruit potential donors who would sign up to the Organ Donor Register (ODR)
3. Engage with faith leaders to discuss overcoming barriers to organ donation
4. Collate any concerns about the proposed change in organ legislation
5. Recruit champions to maintain and promote the awareness of organ donation.
When you donate your organs, you can save up to 9 lives!
Let us all stay informed about the organ donation process as a community. You can register you interest here:
Are you unsure about how the organ donation process works? We recommend that you educate yourself before you decide whether to donate your organs.
Find more information here:
There are over 6,000 people on the waiting list for an organ donation in the UK. You can help them by registering to be an organ donor.
To register, please visit:
Are you aware of the significance of organ donations in 2021? There are still people on the waiting list in need of an appropriate donor. You can help them by joining the Organ Donation Register today.
To register visit:
Before deciding whether or not to donate organs, it is really important to acknowledge risks and implications of doing so.
If you think you meet the requirement to donate register here: