CAHN is delighted to be working in partnership with NHS Blood and Transplant to raise awareness of organ donation in the Caribbean and African community across Greater Manchester. Currently, there is a limited amount of tailored, targeted cultural and religious information of organ donation and transplant for the Black Community. This lack of information includes the perceived or assumed cultural and religious barriers to organ donation.
1. Raise awareness of the organ donation
2. Recruit potential donors who would sign up to the Organ Donor Register (ODR)
3. Engage with faith leaders to discuss overcoming barriers to organ donation
4. Collate any concerns about the proposed change in organ legislation
5. Recruit champions to maintain and promote the awareness of organ donation.