Hospital Discharge Service Brief
CAHN’s Hospital Discharge Service supports Caribbean & African patients who are due to be discharged to their homes from hospitals across Greater Manchester. Our primary objective is to work with discharge teams to ensure that patients are able to safely settle in at home.
Our dedicated team offer virtual support service and in-person service for those who require support in a culturally and religiously appropriate manner.
To refer a patient please complete the referral form at https://portal.cahn.org.uk/hospitaldischarge
Our service offer includes:
- Helpline available 7 days a week support from 09:00 – 19:00hrs (Monday to Sunday)
- A single point of contact i.e. telephone and email address would be made available to healthcare providers.
- A team of trained volunteer befrienders will provide daily telephone check in for the first 3-7days following hospital discharge
- Practical support such as request for prescription collection, hot/cold food, household energy, etc.
- Signposting to other voluntary organisations or statutory agencies for additional support